Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Under pressure.

It's always the same pattern.
I will keep my good resolutions as long as I keep my sanity.
Then, after hyperventilating (I'm VERY bad at dealing with stress) I will always end up at the same place : right in front of the snacks cupboard.
It's not that I'm particularly hungry, it's not that I particularly want a snack, it's just that it's an awful habit that I can't seem to get rid of.
As far as I can remember, it was always an automatism : setback, stress, snack.

It always seemed that chocolate was magically easing the stress away but now, if I wanna be really honest, it just acts as a very brief distraction before the stress creeps back, doubled with a terrible sense of guilt and self-loathing.

What ? Who said that those symptoms are not that unlike an addict's ones ?
Is it you voice in my head ?

I need a chocolate bar to get over this.

Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment